Life Is Ocean: Myriad Of Emotions. – Today’s emotion “Appreciation”
Bring it on all the emotions beyond their standard meaning, according to the present era and trend.
Let’s take it one by one. Tell me, with all your honesty, How do you feel when you appreciate someone, or you get appreciated by someone? The feeling is magnificent, right? So why delay in serving it to others. Words are powerful; keep their genuineness intact by using them wisely.
“The roots of all goodness lie in the soil of appreciation for goodness.”- Dalai Lama
“The deepest principle in human nature is the craving to be appreciated.”- Philosopher William James
Hang On! We are not discussing the online comments here that we do on social media, like our daily chores, most of the time, which is just to pay back. Or sometimes that we serve, fitting in the mold of flattery. Let’s take about the Honest praise that comes straight from the heart.
In the rush of touching the pinnacle, we are losing the real version of ourselves. I will not preach anything that one must follow or do not follow to make life at its best. Nope! Everyone has their own journey; everyone can take their own fundas to live it and love it.
Nevertheless, we can not deny, we became so mechanical, so robotic in expressing our real or genuine emotions. Appreciation, a gesture, an emotion, can perk up anybody’s mood in seconds!
8 Easiest way to make someone’s day, make someone feel appreciated just by giving the touch of genuine words that can fill someone’s heart delightful if received on the dot.
1. Discern the quality you marvel at: Just like the love at first sight, recognize someone’s gesture or deed at the various moment that sways you, and take it a notch above by lauding for their presence of mind.
2. Appraise real talent or efforts: Every person is blessed with some unique quality, which deserves to be recognized and esteemed. Appreciating others authenticate your own sense of observation. Also, it elates the person to do better to best in the future.
3. Let the person know if his idea/advice worked for you: Any advice or proposed idea, anything offered by others that makes your way easy in reaching your desired destination, the person and his suggestions definitely deserves accolades.
4. Laud for their honest view/upfront views: In this era where things get manipulated and twisted as per power and position, vocal persons are easily noticed but rarely appreciated. It required a lot of guts to speak the truth.
5. Acknowledge if you admire someone’s lifestyle: Rather than being a silent copycat, be upfront in saying that Yes! You inspire in so many ways. Can I borrow your dressing sense? Can I follow your footsteps n such and such area? Can you advise me on this as I know you are too good at it?
6. Felicitate wholeheartedly for someone’s achievements in both ways: A reward of appreciation doesn’t go one way, i.e., privately only, if you are a real appraiser of talent, you would be courageous enough to express your views in both ways privately and publicly both.
7. Even the tiniest feat involved in teamwork deserves to shout out: Portion of work doesn’t matter if the output gains massive success; even the lowest job holder is liable for an equal amount of appreciation. Do not be selfish; claiming your part only; should be served in the same amount. That’s what we call Team effort.
8. Encourage to continue with the good work: If you are a true well-wisher of someone, do not forget to make them remember about their strength. We grow by lifting others; make someone aware with your honest concern if you see any opportunity related to their talent.
Key Points While Appreciating Someone:
Watch your words: Use of hypothetical words in praising the person or deed will parallely hit your own genuineness. Hence, it is important and a responsibility towards your own words that it shouldn’t loosen their efficacy.
Understand the fine line between appreciation and flattery: If appreciation builds your authenticity, flattery kills your self-respect in your own eye and in other’s eyes as well. True appreciation is done when the related talks or job is going on, flattery has no stop sign, no sense of words, totally irrelevant to the time and task. Understanding that broad line sensibly is the most important.
Did you find anything today that is praise-worthy? If not, observe a little closure; I am sure you would find it before the day ends. Maybe inside you, or around you, it is there for sure!!! Do not forget to appreciate it!
Read the Theme Reveal post here.
‘This post is written as a part of #BlogchatterA2Z Challenge, organized by Blogchatter.‘
Copyright © Archana Srivastava
This article is the property of the author Archana Srivastava (archusblog.com). Any unauthorized use or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s author is strictly prohibited.
You can Follow me:
FB Page: Archusblog